Monday, July 30, 2012

Books!

Normally I'd post a photo for today but I am a wee bit pooped out. This summer has involved a lot of traveling, some of which has been business related and some of which has been for pleasure. Time spent in the car, at airports, and in hotels provide a lot of time for knitting and reading. I've already posted several pictures of projects I've knit and patterns I've come up with but I haven't told you at all about what I've been reading this summer. My list is short but it's a list nonetheless.

  • The Mistborn Series: This is a sci-fi trilogy that tackles the age-old plot of good versus evil via the creation of another world. I started reading this series upon recommendation by an online friend and got sucked right in. Mr. Honeyspoon has been reading them along side me and has mentioned these books contain a lot of typical, predictable plot lines often associated with this genre. For me, these books are the first I've read of this type so I haven't found them as predictable as he has. I plowed right through the first book but so far have felt the second book is dragging along. I intend to complete the series because it takes a LOT for me to give up on something like this part way through so I can let you know more about the trilogy once I complete it. That might not happen for awhile though considering the rate at which I've been reading the second book.
   
  • The Princess Bride: Sometime last week, maybe the week before, a friend alerted me to the fact that the Kindle Edition was on sale for $0.99 (or was it $1.99?) and I immediately bought it. In undergrad, which was longer ago than I'd like to admit, a friend told me the movie was based off a book and the book is even funnier than the movie. Since that moment, this book has been on my secret mental, "To Read," list. I am now one step closer to actually reading it!

I have a few other books I own but haven't read yet. I'm kind of a sucker for books. I'll read them . . . eventually

If you've read any of the books mentioned above, let me know what you think of them. Feel free to also let me know what you've been reading this summer. Not that I need a longer wish list. But tell me anyhow. Like I said, I'm a sucker for books. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment