Friday, May 11, 2012

Simple Love

Simplicity

I recently knit this blanket for one of my college best friends baby girl. I wanted to use a chunky yarn for a couple different reasons. First, there is just something so cozy and comforting about the look of chunky yarn. Second, I wanted a quick knit because it was more important to me to finish the blanket before the baby was born than knit something complicated and intricate that I would start with good intentions but not finish for two years. Even though it's a simple blanket, it was made with a lot of love and it did the trick of expressing my love.


Materials

US Size 13 - 9.0 mm knitting needles
6 skeins of Spud and Chloe Outer: 4 of Rocket and 2 of Ballerina

Pattern

This was made using a garter stitch: knit every row. I didn’t knit a swatch because I wasn’t knitting to specific measurements. I cast 80 stitches onto my size US 13 circular needles. The cast on edge became the long side of the blanket. This wasn’t my original intention, but I guess having the stripes vertical will have a slimming affect when the baby is asleep. Clearly that should have been my goal. ;) I knit 2 skeins of the dark pink, then 2 of the light pink, then finished with 2 more skeins of the dark pink. After washing and blocking, the blanket measured 30” x 34”.  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment