- size US 10, 6.0 mm DPNs
- cable needle (abbreviated CN in pattern)
- tapestry needle
- approximately 30 yards of super bulky yarn
- 1 button, at least 3/4" diameter
- thread and needle to sew button in place
- this pattern was designed for a wrist that is 6.5" in circumference
- measurements: 4" x 8.5" (not including loop for button)
- 15 stitches x 18 rows makes a 4" stockinette stitch square
- Cast on 15 stitches
- Rows 1 & 5 (right side): P3, K9, P3
- Rows 2, 4, 6 & 8: K3, P9, K3
- Row 3: P3, slip 3 stitches on CN & hold in front, K3, K3 stitches from CN, K3, P3
- Row 7: P3, K3, slip 3 stitches onto CN & hold in back, K3, K3 stitches from CN, P3
- Repeat rows 1-8 five times or until desired length. (You will want the overall length to be longer than your wrist circumference so that there will be some overlap.)
- Cast off 6 stitches, making sure to continue with the pattern, K5, P3 (9 stitches remaining)
- Cast off 6 stitches, making sure to continue with the pattern, P2 (3 stitches remaining)
- Use remaining 3 stitches to create an I-cord by K3, slide to other end of the DPN, K3, etc. Knit an I-cord that is approximately 3 inches in length for a 3/4" button. Keep in mind that you will need to make the I-cord longer for larger buttons.
- Cast off remaining 3 stitches, leaving a tail approximately 8" in length.
- Wrap I-cord around to the back and sew in place using the end tail so that a loop for the button is created.
- Weave in ends.
- Attach button approximately 2" from starting edge.
- Wash and block.