Sunday, June 3, 2012

Daydreams Become Reality

My current situation lends itself to a lot of free time. I know it's not going to be like this forever so I'm doing what I can to make the most of it by:


  • You know those moments when you think to yourself, "Man, I wish I was doing ________ instead right now." For me, that blank is usually filled with either knitting, reading, hiking, camping, biking, running, or working on photography. It's activities such as these that renew my spirit. I've been making use of this free time to engage in those activities that bring me so much joy.

  • I've been taking time to not be the most efficient at all times. In other words, I'm learning how to not care if there was a faster or better way to go about something. Changing my mindset has allowed me to enjoy each moment as opposed to just worrying about the end result. And can I say, this has been really freeing. I had no idea the hold that trying to do my best every second of the day had on my life. This has had a HUGE impact on my ability to be content, even when life throws me curve balls. Let's hope I remember this lesson once life becomes crazier.

No comments:

Post a Comment